Sunday, August 15, 2010

Hawthorne Street Fair: Recap and Display

I've had a long day so I'm going to keep this short and sweet: I did it.
Write Owl Designs and I had our first experience selling off line on Sunday at the Hawthorne Street Fair.


It was hot - incredibly hot - but we did it like pros. We met a lot of nice folks, shared our work with people, handed out business cards like candy and made a few sales. It wasn't perfect, but it was definitely a learning experience.


I didn't take too many photos, but I managed to snap a few of my display to share with you folks here.

Hawthorne2 Hawthorne4 Hawthorne3 Hawthorne1

I like how most of it turned out, but wish I had more space - we were limited by the tables we had available (note to self: buy some folding tables). The converted drawer-necklace display is my favorite (I owe a great deal of thanks to my incredibly handy boyfriend for that one) and using the rice for the jewelry worked so well (thank you Etsy forums for that tip). But, I'd like to hear your thoughts on this display.

All in all it was a good day and I look forward to my next show.

1 comment:

  1. lovely display, the rice idea looks lovely, the draw is great too, nice vintage feel.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails